Standing in your lawn, providing cool, crisp water to your plants on a hot summer day, you might be able to trick yourself into believing that you know all there is about hoses and their uses. You’d be mistaken. There are many types of hoses, ranging from garden hoses to coolant hoses in San Jose, CA, designed with a vast selection of materials that serve more purposes than you ever thought possible.
Common types of hoses and their purposes
Curious about how scientists and technicians have transformed such a simple concept as a hose into a highway for a massive array of materials and substances? Here are some common types of hoses that you may not have considered before:
- Air hoses: Scuba divers rely on air hoses, which are able to conduct air at extremely high pressure (like dozens of feet under sea level).
- Food-grade hose: A hose specifically designed to prevent contamination of food by bacteria, germs and other harmful products.
- Discharge hose: Farmers use discharge hoses to disperse plant-saving chemicals across their crops.
- Coolant hose: Radiator hoses, also known as coolant hoses in San Jose, CA, carry engine coolant between your vehicle’s radiator and the water pump.
- PTFE hose: made from a unique substance known as polytetrafluoroethylene and more popularly known as Teflon, PTFE hoses can carry substances that are hotter or more volatile than average.
- Hydraulic hose: Hydraulic hoses were specially designed to carry the essential fluids necessary to keep hydraulic pistons pumping.
- Push-on hose: For people who find themselves needing to couple and uncouple their hoses, push-on hoses allow for quick snap-on security.
- Suction hose: When a fire engine races to the scene of a fire, they pull out a suction hose, unravel it and then turn on a massive water pump. The suction hose allows that life-saving spray of water to come rushing out the end of the hose and onto the burning blaze.
That’s just a fraction of the hoses that have been crafted to suit a variety of residential, commercial and industrial purposes.
Find the perfect hose at Royal Brass Incorporated
From a food-grade hose to a fuel hose to a high-pressure hose in San Jose, CA, we have them all and so much more at Royal Brass Incorporated. In addition to our incredible collection of hoses, we also carry a broad selection of tubes, as well as the tools you need to craft your own.
Our massive warehouse inventory doesn’t stop there! Royal Brass Incorporated also has adapters, O-rings, quick couplings, gauges and valves, plus everything you need to cut and crimp any kind of hose.
For those customers who may not be 100 percent sure what they need, our extensively-trained factory sales certified team will have no problems offering a guiding hand. When it needs to connect, Royal Brass Incorporated cannot be beat. Please stop by our expansive warehouse to peruse our inventory or give us a call today. We look forward to assisting you!
Categorised in: Hose Parts