Crimping and swaging are the two most common ways to combine sections of a hose. To accomplish this task, a crimping machine closes segment dies around the ferrule while reducing it to the necessary outer diameter (OD).
While you may already know what crimping is, some folks may want to know what is swaging in San Jose, CA. In swaging, a machine reduces the OD of the ferrule by pushing a ferrule and a fitting through a fixed split die.
Another major difference between the two processes is that crimping simultaneously changes the circumference and shape of the ferrule. As you can imagine, that requires a lot more force than swaging.
Which is right for you?
The biggest thing to consider when it comes to crimping and swaging in San Jose, CA is the industry you’re in. Swaging is recommended for petroleum, oil and composites. Crimpers, on the other hand, are more commonly used in industrial settings because they’re easily integrated into an automated line. That said, crimping machines are a bit more expensive, so smaller companies may want to stick with swaging.
If you’re still torn on whether to go with crimping or swaging, talk to a professional at Royal Brass Incorporated. Our knowledgeable staff members can point you in the right direction.
Buy your machinery from us
Folks who perform their own in-house crimping and swaging in San Jose, CA know to purchase their products from Royal Brass Incorporated. Here are a few reasons to shop with us:
- Vast inventory: Simply put, one of the main reasons customers come to us is that we have what they’re looking for. Whether it’s a crimping machine, hoses, fittings or valves, we likely have it in stock. But if we don’t have just what you’re looking for, we can special order it for you.
- The best brands: You won’t walk away with shoddy parts or machinery when you shop with us—that’s because we only carry the best brands. We’re authorized retailers of Dixon and Parker Hannifin products.
- Expert sales staff: Our customers don’t always know what they’re looking for when shopping for hoses, valves, fittings or other parts. And that’s okay—our sales staff is here to help. We’re always here to help answer any questions you may have about your products.
- Repairs: Our hose products are built to last. But if anything ever fails, we’re here to help. Just bring your damaged hydraulic hose to us, and we’ll take care of the rest.
- Fair pricing: You can rest easy knowing you won’t break the bank when you shop at Royal Brass Incorporated. Whether you’re buying a new crimping machine or having your current hose repaired, you won’t find better prices anywhere else.
Don’t waste your time shopping at other hydraulic hose shops for your crimping or swaging products—just come down to Royal Brass Incorporated! Talk to our team today about our vast inventory or to learn a little bit more about what is swaging in San Jose, CA.
Categorised in: Crimping Tools